Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Start of Week #3

Week 3 has started off wonderfully!

Monday:  Yesterday Meg and I started off the morning early at the Tate Modern Museum.  It is a museum of modern art that begins in the early 1900s-now.  It was very interesting!  There was a special exhibit going on that displayed genealogy through photographs and it basically traced ancestry of people during significant world wide events.  It was really neat and we spent most of our time in this exhibit.  I took some pictures of some of my favorite works so here they are!

Painted books on canvas...the picture doesn't really do it justice but I enjoyed the texture!



This was a picture taken after Katrina in Biloxi, Mississippi!  Even in London I somehow managed to find a little piece of Mississippi.


Monday night Holly, Meg, and I went and saw Les Miserables.  We thoroughly enjoyed it.  One thing that we did not really prepare for in coming to London was the body odor of some foreign people!  Holly and Meg sat by some people who really did not smell the greatest, so both of them resorted to sticking gum under their noses to help relieve the smell!  It was hilarious!


Minty Fresh!

Tuesday:  Today we went to the Cliffs of Dover.  Breathtaking!  That is the one word I can use to describe this place.  It was absolutely wonderful.  We left this morning from King's Cross and took a train to Dover, about an hour or so away.  We came prepared in our tennis shoes today and hiked the cliffs and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.  Once again I was in awe of God's beauty!  The shipyard near the cliffs is the shipyard where the main ferries to France go from England.  Dover is the closest distance to France in England and I even got to see France from the cliffs!  It was a little cloudy but I still made out a little land in the distance.

Here are the Olympic Rings in the King's Cross train station!  London is really gearing up for the Olympics.  I can only imagine how busy it will be next summer!






"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."  Matthew 7:24-25

Chi O!

Can you see France?  If you look closely you can kinda see mountain looking land in the distance!

I took a rock right here!  Let's see if I can get it through customs...


After a long day of walking, walking, and more walking I made it back to the dorms.  I booked a ticket to see Catherine's wedding dress and tour Buckingham Palace next week!  I can not wait.  Hopefully I will be allowed to take a few pictures!  Have a great rest of the week!


2 comments:

  1. dover: oh my beautiful.
    so jealous of Kate's dress.
    glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete